Course ID: 2280
Added: September 17, 2022
Tuition Costs: 16,011 CAD
Tuition Fee: Fair
Ontario College Diploma
About the Program
This two-year diploma program in accounting will introduce you to the accounting practices, related technology applications, business fundamentals and the soft skills needed to find employment. You will learn how to use computer applications like Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and Access relational database management software.
As a student of this program, assuming specific course grade and GPA requirements are met, and upon completion of five bridging courses, you will be eligible to directly enter Seneca’s Honours Bachelor of Commerce – Accounting & Finance (BACF).
Throughout this program you will develop the following skills:
- Understanding and applying management accounting concepts
- Preparing and presenting financial statements and reports
- Outlining internal control system and risk management
As a graduate of this program, you may pursue future career options, such as:
- Small business accountant Accounts payable/receivable analyst
- General accounting co-ordinator
- Accounting technician
- Payroll administrator
- Tax return specialist
- Junior corporate accountant
Upon graduation, assuming specific course grade and GPA requirements are met,you may transfer into Seneca’s Bachelor of Commerce – Accounting & Finance program and pursue the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), or equivalent, or a mature applicant
- English: Grade 12 C or U, or equivalent course
- Mathematics: Grade 12 C or U, or Grade 11 U or M, or equivalent course
Canadian citizens and permanent residents may satisfy the English and/or mathematics requirements for this program through successful Seneca pre-admission testing.Recommended upgrading for applicants who do not meet academic subject requirements.
International Student Information
In addition to the admission requirements, please select your home country for specific information. Please note, that all international applicants must meet Seneca’s English requirements.