Course ID: 2426
Added: September 21, 2022
Tuition Fee: Fair
Creating a new kind of designer: A strategist who sees the world from a human perspective and re-thinks what is possible; An innovator who can imagine, plan and develop a better world.
OCAD University | College in Toronto, Canada
Name of Program
Strategic Foresight and Innovation (MDes).
About the Program
Go beyond the usual MBA and accelerate your career the Master of Design in Strategic Foresight and Innovation. This program will teach you to see the world from a human perspective and re-think what’s possible.
This innovative program will give you design thinking skills to enhance business success, positively impact society and manage organizational change. Emphasis is placed on teaching complex problem finding, framing and solving to create sustainable futures.
You’ll work on leading innovation with people from a diverse range of backgrounds including entrepreneurs, social scientists, artists, designers and engineers. This program prepares you to think holistically – exploring, challenging and finding meaning in order to reframe and guide both present and future actions.
The MDes in Strategic Foresight and Innovation is offered as:
- a part-time, 28-month (eight-semester) program
- a full-time, 20-month (five-semester) program (as of September 2020)
Both programs consist of 7.5 credits.
You’ll develop design-thinking skills that include analysis, synthesis and strategic and creative thinking. These skills are critical for professionals in the public and private sectors. This program will develop your expertise in foresight (for example, identifying future problems) and research methodologies. These skills will help you create innovative and future-enhancing solutions in your final research project.
The program will enable you to:
- Explore and test innovative methods of organization, creation and production from a human perspective
- Develop strategic, innovative and anticipatory solutions (strategic foresight) and implementation plans for design, business or policy innovations, or for organizational or infrastructural change
- Navigate complex problems and find solutions that will lead to the development of new and sustainable futures.
Key Features of Program
- A diverse student body with constant access to outstanding faculty and industry experts
- You’ll be engaged in a collaborative studio environment in your core classes. You’ll work in trans-disciplinary teams on many projects
- An advisory committee of faculty and, in the case of real-world projects, public or private sector professionals will support and guide your major project
- Guest lectures and critiques from professional strategists and foresight experts
- Part-time and full-time program options accommodate your schedule